Monday, March 12, 2012

Fly Fishing Film Tour Wrap-Up

Saturday I attended a screening of the Fly Fishing Film Tour (F3T) hosted by the Sporting Gentleman.    The evening started off with a pre-show reception hosted at the fly shop which I met my buddy (check out his blog here) at.  Pinnochio's Beer Garden supplied very delicious and free beer, pizza and subs.  The Sporting Gentleman isn't the fly shop I visit regularly and I had never even set foot in the shop before this (not that you care but, A Marblehead Flyfisher is my shop of choice) but the SG is an impressive shop, and I will definitely be visiting in the future for my fishing/tying needs.  After the pre-show reception, we headed over to D'Ignazio's Towne House for the film screening.  The event was held in an upstairs dining room and was well attended.  Overall, I was pleased with the whole experience.  The films ranged from fishing for steelhead in Alaska, to chasing tarpon off the coast of Florida, to some punk rockers fly fishing to unwind, to the crowd's favorite a doctor with Parkinson's Disease fishing the brown drake hatch with his enthusiastic guide.  My personal favorite, and the one I can see myself buying the DVD for was Geofish: A Mayan Prophecy.  This video mostly featured the struggle to reach out of the way fishing spots between the Yucatan Peninsula and Belize, mixed with fishing to fish that most likely had never been fished for before.



"Geofish: A Mayan Prophecy" trailer - by MOTIV Fishing | Fly Fishing Movie from The Fly Fishing Film Tour on Vimeo.

Hopefully at next year's event, the people who insisted on talking during the entire presentation will be able to stay mostly quiet.  Commenting on the movie is ok, just don't talk through the entire movie.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment